Saturday, December 6, 2014

Torn and Confused - Poem

Damn! I HATE that I’m feeling this way.
I know how much you love and adore me
Always sacrificing and spoiling me
Putting me first and taking care of me
And I know very well that you’re crazy about me

Crazy about my smile
Crazy about my walk
Crazy about the way I carry myself
Crazy about my personality
Crazy about the whole package that you see in me

I love and care for you, but I’m questioning
If I’m “in love” with you
I don’t understand why I’m feeling this way
Women would kill to have a man like you
I’m so fucking torn and confused

I don’t want to hurt you or cause you any pain
I don’t want to break your heart like the others did.
Deep down in my heart
I know you couldn't handle that kind of pain again
I care SO much for you, BUT…

I feel lonely. I feel like I need something new.
I’m bored in this relationship
I feel like I’m not living
The everyday routine is just not enough
I need to see and experience new things

I need to get out of the “norm”
I've got this need to fly and be free
Meet new people and live a little edgy
Make mistakes and let loose
Live on the wild side

When I think about causing you pain
My heart hurts to the core
Can’t stand the fact that I've changed
Growing apart from you, and yet still love you

What am I to do?


- Stephanie Lahart (Author & Poet)