Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fear: A Passage by Stephanie Lahart


Let me first start out by saying that fear will cripple you. It will cause you to lose out on opportunities that are right in front of your face. Fear will cause self-doubt in whatever you’re setting out to do. It will speak to you loudly…saying things like: “You’ll fail. You’re not good enough. What a silly idea, it won’t go anywhere. You’re wasting your time, it’ll never work,” etc. Fear will cause you to miss out on your purpose in life. And if you’re not careful, fear will steal everything that God intended for you to have. Fear is like a monster in the dark. It comes out to scare you and take control over your mind, body, and soul.

There’s nothing positive about fear, and nothing good will come out of it. Erase fear from your vocabulary. Don’t allow fear to take over your thinking. No matter what has taken place in your life as a child, teenager, or adult, you are BIGGER than fear. Say it, believe it, live it. Transition your mindset to think positively. Of course it will take time, but as with anything, if you keep at it, it will become a habit. Fear has no place in our lives. It robs us of everything that’s meant to be ours.
Let me leave you with this: The next time that negative voice enters your mind, talk to yourself out loud. Tell yourself, "NOT THIS TIME!" I'm tired of letting opportunities pass me by. I'm tired of making excuses. I'm tired of second guessing myself. I'm tired of being too scared to do something that I know I'm great at doing. I'm tired of allowing fear to control my life, etc. Keep talking to yourself as many times as you have to.
Remember this one thing: We cannot truly LIVE and enjoy life to the fullest if we're allowing fear to continually stop us. Think about it! Transition your mind to think positive. I know it's going to take some time, but you're worth it! You may even fall short at times, but it's okay to start over. Keep trying and trying until you get it right. You'll get there. Just don't stop. You've got this! Believe in yourself and don't allow any self-doubt to creep in. Today is YOUR day to a new beginning. Here's to you!

Written by Stephanie Lahart (Author & Poet) 

No comments:

Post a Comment